Wednesday, June 6, 2012

And Just Like That...

I am sorry to say that I spoke too soon.  Our sweet bunny took a turn for the worse last night and although he did drink a little of his formula this morning, he is not doing well.  I feel really guilty and terrible about the whole thing.  Every website I used to mix his complicated formula and to order his fancy baby bunny bacteria described how hard it is to save a bunny this young who has been taken from his mother, but still I thought we had a chance.

We are keeping him snuggly and I made a contribution to MS Animal Rescue League because they were incredibly helpful in directing me to websites as well as offering some personal advice.

We have not lost sight of raising rabbits either.  We have a hutch built after all.  So we are scanning craigslist and going to the farmer's market today to ask the "meat guy" if he knows of any as well.

Loosing animals is hard.

1 comment: