Monday, August 6, 2012

On The Clock

I didn't have to go to work on Friday because I had to go to a Staff Development day instead.  If you have ever had the pleasure of having your staff developed, you can imagine how it was.  In fact, I'm sure Staff Development days everywhere are basically the same... no one wants to be there, the seats are uncomfortable and inevitably there are always people who have tons of questions for each speaker.  *When in Staff Development, the answer to "Does anyone have any questions?" is ALWAYS "No."*

Anyhoo- right after our lunch break we were treated to a nice Sit and Be Fit lesson.  I don't know which branches get the luxury of sitting during the day but I can say for certain that we are not one of them.  But the lady who led the demonstration was really cute and spunky, and her calves were fantastic. 

First she led us through the basic arm stretches and calf pumps ("Tap it, tap it, tap it.  Why is the back giggling?") but my favorite part was when we all got together as a group and squeezed our butt cheeks together in hopes of lifting ourselves off our chairs.  Me, my boss, my co workers with beards, everyone was engaging his/her butt muscles in unison. She kept yelling "SQUEEZE" and the entire room would lift up.   It was like some kind of Whack-A-Mole game meets Richard Simmons... 

And that is how I bonded with my co workers on Friday.  


I was sore the next day, so it must have worked.  Touche Staff Development day, touche.


No comments:

Post a Comment