Saturday, August 4, 2012

Since Sliced Bread

I know that I didn't invent the "broccoli salad" but some nights I sure feel like it. We are trying to eat more of our vitamins and minerals (as apposed to simply taking them in pill form in the morning) so we have swapped lettuce for broccoli in 90% of our salads. I make a great dressing with it too.


Out broccoli dressing is super simple. I pour it into an empty canning jar, or salsa jar, or olive oil bottle and just shake it before we serve it. Below is a list of what I put in it. Notice these are not exact measurements. You really can't screw it up so don't worry too much..

Equal parts olive oil and apple cider vinegar (usually I make about a cup total)
Some sugar (eh... A tablespoon?)
Salt and pepper (2 teaspoons-ish)
Oregano and parsley (a teaspoon each)
Tony checker's seasoning (we like a lot, but it's kinda spicy... So start with a tablespoon, you can always add)

Shake and pour! Yay veggies! And vitamins!

No comments:

Post a Comment