Thursday, October 11, 2012

Saving Energy

I took these photos on my phone so I could upload them very quickly before work.  I am so proud of my solution I just had to share first thing this morning.  But sorry they are so bleached out- my model was feeling very needy this morning and refused to move to a better lit side of the room.

I refuse to turn on the heat.  I am not ready.  The house is not ready.  We have so much weatherizing to do and an energy audit to have.  So it's cold inside.  Actually, it's not that could.  It's chilly.  I wear socks, and for most of the day we aren't even home.  But the dogs are home and Cerulean is very sensitive.  I worry about my sweet, sensitive man getting cold because he does not have furry hairs like his sister.  So just now I was walking around the house getting ready to leave and I noticed his tiny body shivering, curled up on his dog bed.  Look at that face...


So I did what any mother would do.  I looked for a solution.  And I found one- a cashmere solution because that's how we roll in this house.  



I wish I could have stopped laughing long enough to take a video of his walking in his sweater before I rolled up the sleeves... but there is always tonight.  Anyway, he seems to tolerate it.  And if it keeps his warm while I leave the heat off for a few more days (my goal is no heat til November 1st), then it's a win/win.  Plus, look at that face in a sweater.  Yay autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment