Friday, August 30, 2013

Something Old Becomes New Again


While I was trying to pay off my Student Loans I took on a ton of odd jobs every month.  Every little $20 I could make went straight into the Student Loans Savings account I set up so that I could make huge payments each month.  One of the projects I took on was recovering this recliner for a client.  I'm not sure why I didn't take actual before pictures, but here is one stolen from the internet:


Credit: here

It actually looked just like that, except more royal blue.  Anyway, it was in great shape and my super sweet client wanting something more feminine and washable for a corner of her bedroom.  So I created this slip cover, complete with ruffle:



Sorry about the blur, this was a quick shot from my phone while I was waiting for the client to come pick up the chair and realized I didn't have any photos.  

Anyway, I loved this project and was so proud that she loved it too.  It took about a week to really get where I wanted it but it was so worth the time and effort.

I had to stop slinging my sewing when I took my new VISTA position, but it's nice to know I have something to fall back on later if I ever need the extra income.  Anyone else picking up odd jobs to save up some cash?  

No comments:

Post a Comment