Saturday, July 14, 2012

Adding to the Walls

I have been in a state of re-doing.  Maybe that will account for my absense on my blog and my presence in my own life, but I hope to start making up for it soon.

I thought I'd start with this new find.  Well, new to me.  I've been trying to find ways to actually get our bedroom to a more finished state.  You know, away from "We just moved into our new house!  This stuff goes HERE!" and closer to "Look how nice that looks!" I've been looking for some art work to help get that ball rolling and happened upon society6.com.  I love a nice, small time artist and a nice small time price tag so I've been allowing myself a lot of window shopping.  Here are my top choices for our new bedroom.

Medusozoa by Edwardblakeedwards















I love the black and whiteness of this print.  I also love jelly fish.  I think I would actually frame it vertically, but I do love the composition of it horizontially too.  I really don't see this as as a starting point for a new bedroom though.  Maybe later, but not first.

Rabbit by Carrie Booth



















It's a rabbit.  And it's blue.  I think it is perfect.  But again, I'm not sure if this is a great starter picture. 

Untitled (landscape) by Tchmo




















Actually, I'd take just about anything from this artist.  Like this, or this or this too.  I love the colors and the texture, even if this is only a print.  There may be too many colors to chose from?  Or much busy for a room that I want to feel cozy and relaxed.  Maybe a wide mat and simple frame will help contain the motion...


My Bologna has a First Name by David Schwin




















I may need this one just because.  No color inspiration, just a good time.

And finally, Fractal Dandelion by Mark Nelson.





















I really love this one.  I think it has wonderful colors and some great texture.  Nice and soothing but still plenty of detail.

Very interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment