Thursday, April 4, 2013

One Payment Down


Well the first month of our "Oh My Heavens We Are Going To Get Out of Student Loan Debt If It Kills Us Both" is officially over.  And I am so so so proud and excited to say that we have accomplished our first goal.

This month we put a total of $1,347.16 towards our debt- that officially puts us at our new debt total of $8,372.31 .  Y'all, I am not going to say it was easy.  Seeing that much money move out of the bank account and into the great abyss that is my student loan debt was pretty horrifying.  But we are only one month in and that means plenty of practice while we keep chugging along these next 8 months.  I am already 1/3 of the way to our next months goal and we still have 26 more days to go!  So let's talk a little bit about how things are going shall we?

I gotta be honest, I really think things are going really, really well.

My super strict grocery budget has made for some last minute Pinterest menus lately (What does one DO with 4 eggs, a little broccoli and 3 lbs of asparagus we forgot to broil for Easter??)  but I am still right on target and saving big bucks.  Going veg 4 nights a week has developed into 5 and that is saving tons of cash too.

I have spent a few afternoons (during my afternoon tea break) rummaging through a few more long forgotten boxes and unused parts of the house and I am still finding things to sell at our antiques booth or via Craigslist.  I have got to say, I love the openness of the house now.  There is something to gratifying about being able to actually use the things that I love and have collected over the years.

And as for the big picture of seeing that number shrink by over $1,000?  That is completely worth any number of unbought ice creams or yards of fabric.


No comments:

Post a Comment