Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Trying to Stay Motivated



I am half way through my second month of our debt pay off scheme and I'm still about $400 shy of this month's $1,000 goal.  It has taken a lot of work and effort and sewing to get this far and right now, I'm feeling really really far away from where I want to be.  We have planned another yard sale (the first one was average, but I was a little disappointed) and I don't know how well are booth is doing at the Antiques Depot, but I know that neither of those avenues will bring in the cash I need to make the kind of payment I want to make this month.

I am trying to stay motivated and grateful.  I am looking at all of the money we are saving this month and looking for ways to make next month better already.  But at the same time, I'm a little tired and I could really use some ice cream.

Until the final numbers roll in this month I'm going to keep looking at this poster found on And Then We Saved.  The next 6 months are going to be hard, but we are both looking forward to celebrating our success.


I am trying to just keep my head down and keep going.  Paying off debt, it turns out, is a lot like running.  At some point, you're going to find your threshold, or things won't go exactly as you plan, but you just have to keep going.

What are you doing that you could use a little motivation for?

No comments:

Post a Comment