Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What I Got For Free Today: Plastic Bin


When I picked up a few bins of t shirts to make a couple of quilts, the woman who dropped them off mentioned that she wanted her bins back. "No problem!" I told her. Most of my t shirt quilts start in bins, and they make the entire process so much easier, so I don't mind them temporarily taking residence in the guest room, and I don't mind all of the free space when they leave.  When I went to grab the bins however, the woman remarked that one of them was broken, so I could just throw that one away.


Throw it away?? For a small crack in the side? I asked if she would mind if I just kept the broken one. She looked at me and shrugged her shoulders. "Sure, if you want it." She said. Snap crackle and pop! Welcome home new worm bin! Or maybe new chicken compost bin. Or maybe new potato planter bin. Or mini greenhouse. Or hand washing station. Or tiny rain barrel...

I could go on... But what are your suggestions? What would you do with a slightly disfigured, but free plastic bin complete with lid??


No comments:

Post a Comment