Monday, September 9, 2013

How I Talked My Friend Neighbor into Hosting My Yard Sale


When I half casually mentioned on Facebook that I would pay a person to come host a yard sale for me, I thought I'd get a few likes, a couple of funny comments and the moments would pass.

However, within 15 minutes I had a buyer.  Srsly.

So for anyone trying to play this game at home, here is my step by step instructions to DIY this at your own house.

Thrown together in 24 hours, this yard sale is ready to go!
Step 1:  Have really awesome friends on Facebook

Step 2:  Have a great location to have a yard sale.  Also have plenty of stuff already in piles in your guestroom.

I was told there was a Ph.D in those boxes...

Step 3:  Make sure that your Facebook Friends are already planning yard sales. (I skipped this step, but found out later that this was vital.)

Step 4:  Sweeten the pot by offering to pay not only part of the days earnings, but also homemade pickles and fresh eggs.

A sampling of what I picked while the yard sale was going on.

Step 5:  Be incredibly thankful that you have wonderful people around you and toast to a day's success!


No comments:

Post a Comment