Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What I Got For Free Today


I posted on Monday that I am working hard on paying off my debt. In fact, since writing that post this weekend (and posting it on Monday) I have come up with another $150 to throw at my student loans- that's what we call progress.

But all of this not spending, and budgeting, and being mindful about our money doesn't mean that I'm missing out on new stuff. Today for instance, I picked up this bar of soap.


I traded three shopping bags full of odds and ends from my crafting stash to get it and I have to say I could not be more excited.

The woman who bartered my supplies for her soap, actually makes these herself in her own small business. So in honor of my free soap, here is some free advertisement for her!

Cypress Lake Soap is a wonderful locally owned company that makes wonderfully smelling soaps.  I kid you not.  I left my single bar of soap on the dining room table, to remind me to tell Marco about my sweet trade- and within the hour the entire room smelled of natural (not artificial perfum-y) lavender.  I'm considering buying a bar for each of my dresser drawers and just letting them scent everything!

I have not actually used this bar yet, but I realized that I had been given a different bar as a gift a few months ago.  The packaging has been long gone, but I remember that I had been saving this soap for really important baths. This of course means date nights, "I need a really long shower" showers, after I have run a race, or just need a little pick me up.    And it totally works.  My super dry skin feels soft and smooth.  It has a great lather.  It smells for ever after I towel off and I love that it's from a local business.

Plus, if you check out their website, you can see that there are so many scents available.  I also love that Michelle, the owner, lists every ingredient on every bar.  Y'all know I like my ingredients listed.

And that was how I replaced my old soap, that I really didn't love, but we had in the house, with a new bar that helped me clean some house.

Have you bartered for anything incredible lately?


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the wonderful advertisement! I hope you are enjoying your new bar. :)

    ReplyDelete