Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Happy Hanging!



I shared a business update over at Oxford Handmade today!  Things are finally moving along and I am so excited in my new business adventure.

With me being home so much these days I finally have a few hours each day to tackle some of the things on our "It's been nearly two years, surely we should have done that already" list.

Case in point:



I purchased this contraption a while back.  It was only $1.99 at Goodwill and it had the screws taped to it.  (That's what the tape is for on the left there.)  I immediately knew where we would use it and where I would put it and how it would work and what a wonderful purchase I was making.   And then it sat there.  On top of my dresser.  For a while.  Sure it was buried under clothes that I never folded, so I could have forgotten about it, but honestly, I knew it was there.  I knew it and I was just being lazy.  Well, look at me!  Lazy no more!



Bam!  I hung that sucker up in our guest bathroom/laundry room.  There is no way for me to take a decent picture with both the washer/dryer in the back ground and the new hanging thing, so you'll just have to trust me. This is the guest bathroom and behind the camera are the washer and dryer.

So what am I going to use it for?  Well doesn't my mock demonstration explain it perfectly?  When I am unloading the dryer (or the washer if items don't need to be dried- we are in sweater season) I can now hang up the clothes on this retractable metal arm.  No more hanging items on the door frame (where they do not fit) or the door knob (where only 3 items fit and then drag the ground) or around the guest room (where they block my chi when I am sewing).  Nope.  Now hanging clothes can hang nicely on this arm until I have completely unloaded the dryer.  This also prevents (as many) animal hairs from collecting on the items because I do not lay them on the bed while I fold them or put them away.  They are already hung and can go directly into the closet.

Is this a whole lot of words about the retractable arm in our new guest bathroom?  Yes?  That just proves how in love with it I am.  Happy Hanging y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment