Friday, November 2, 2012

Weekend Outlook


This weekend I am hoping to get a little more work done on our median here in the neighborhood.  A few months ago I wrote a grant to help develop this:


That's our giant median in the middle of our community.  Notice that greenish grassish stuff?  That is probably the most green I've ever seen it.  I'm sure it's a trick of the light or something.

Anyhoo- I wrote the grant, we got it, and now we have some extra money to spend in order to make this space really nice.  We're already really close to finishing laying the stones we bought for our new patio.  And we've moved all of our recycled bricks for our new fire place and grill.  Very soon we will be installing a new bike rack and a bike storage area.  I am very, very excited to see these things coming together and I hope this weekend will be a great success.  Also, I'd like to have this entire project checked off my to-done list...

But since that picture isn't really inspiring- YET.  I thought I'd share another picture from last weekend.  This is part of Lake Saint Joseph in east Louisiana   Marco and I went down last Thursday to stay with some friends and enjoy a nice relaxing weekend.  This tiny part of the lake was the only picture I took in 4 days, but I think it makes up for all the ones I didn't.  



Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment